Operational Values for IofC Australia:
In order to create an open, inclusive, diverse, learning community that is compassionate and generous, we have chosen to practise these operational values:
- Authenticity: having the courage to be straightforward and honest.
- Flexibility/receptivity: engaging with others, having a listening ear and respect for different views, with readiness to adapt.
- Timely decision-making and realistic deadlines
- Silence and space: taking time for inner reflection
- Integrity/reliability: doing what we say we will do.
- Accountability: being personally responsible, including not exceeding one’s capacity; participating in evaluation.
- Positive reinforcement: encouraging and respecting others; admitting and allowing for mistakes, regarding mistakes as potential learning experiences
- Plan/do/review: applying the lessons of what has worked in programs and in practice.
- Recognising conflict: addressing it promptly, with professional help as required.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance
- Continual communication: to ensure transparency and shared understanding
10 February, 2017