Initiatives of Change will be opening its beautiful centre and gardens to the public for our first annual Sustainability Fair on Saturday, 8 September 2018, 11 am to 3 pm. This event coincides with our first planting day for the new Armagh organic community garden, and the Public Showcase of our 2018 Sustainable Impact Mentoring (SIM) Program - a 7-month program where small teams develop unique local projects to solve community needs. You can hear about the projects and meet with mentors, participants and staff to learn more about the program and express your interest in taking part in the 2019 cycle, if you wish.
There will be fun activities on the day! You will be able to:
- Meet with other local sustainable community groups and organisations to hear about current initiatives and activities
- Participate in a range of sustainability workshops on offer throughout the day
- Have your children take part in age-appropriate activities
- Learn some cooking and fermenting techniques with fresh natural produce
- Be inspired at the SIM Program Public Showcase from 12-1pm
- Take a Yarra River bike ride from Armagh at 1.30pm with Acid Dingo Bike Tours
- Plant veggies in our Armagh Organic Biochar Community Garden, learn about the project, get your hands dirty and share knowledge on sustainable food practices (as well as sign up for future volunteering, if you like!)
- Enjoy the live music and yummy food stalls
- Visit our indoor urban forest to relax and be reinvigorated amongst the greenery
- Find out more about Initiatives of Change! Take a tour of Armagh and learn about its history.
These are some of the great organizations who will be joining us for the day:
Beyond Zero Emissions will have a book stall and an electric BMW on display.
Australian Youth Climate Coalition will explain how to join more than 150,000 people working for a safe climate for ourselves and future generations.
Living Legacy Forest will be planting trees in our garden.
Friends of the Earth Melbourne will showcase opportunities for you to support their not-for-profit work towards a just and environmentally sustainable future.
The Community Grocer will have organic, locally-grown veggies.
Rossi Childs will have contemporary jewelry for sale.
LaunchPad can speak with you about launching your career in the social impact sector.
Upshop Industries will display beautiful upcycled and refurbished furniture.
Colourful Collective will describe how they are tackling the waste crisis through empowering marginalized communities to gain employment.
Plus many more!
Entry will be by gold coin donation at the door.
Initiatives of Change wants the Sustainability Fair to bring the community together to raise awareness on the need for a more sustainable future. So, we are offering the space for FREE for stall holders, community groups, organisations, food stalls, and workshop facilitators on the day - to reserve yourself a space and spot please contact the Events Coordinator Beryl Vincent at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (03) 9822 1218 on Mondays or Tuesdays. You are welcome to arrange a visit to Armagh before the Sustainability Fair to see what the set-up will be.
If you would like more information on the SIM program or would like to volunteer on the day, please contact SIM Program Coordinator Kirsty Argento at email@example.com or on (03) 9822 1218 Monday to Friday.
Images: Jo Lancaster