Engaging Constructively in Challenging Conversations (ECCC) is a five week online program designed to give you insights, skills and confidence to have constructive conversations in the midst of differences and conflicts. It is experiential and practical and combines looking inward to develop self-awareness and practical tools for having the conversations.
This is for you if:
- you have found yourself in a conversation where something was said that made you uncomfortable or that you disagreed with, and you stayed quiet and wished you hadn’t.
- you find yourself becoming defensive or aggressive and reacting in ways you wish you didn’t.
- you find it easier to move away or withdraw from someone with views and behaviours that you don’t like or disagree with than have a conversation….
In this time of division and polarisation there is a growing need to be able to remain calm and have constructive conversations when there are strongly different or conflicting views. Whether it is in your family, workplace, or other situations we need to have honest conversations that build understanding and create connection rather than separation.
The program will consist of 5 sessions on Zoom. All times AEDT (Sydney/Melbourne time)
- Session 1 - Wednesday 26 Oct 6.30 - 9.00 pm
- Session 2 - Wednesday 2 Nov 7.00 - 9.00 pm
- Session 3 - Wednesday 9 Nov 7.00 - 9.00 pm
- Session 4 - Wednesday 16 Nov 7.00 - 9.00 pm
- Session 5 - Wednesday 23 Nov 7.00 - 9.00 pm
- The program will be facilitated by Shoshana Faire and Mike Lowe
- You will be expected to be able to participate in all sessions
- There will be opportunities for practising skills and you will be expected to use your own examples based on situations you have experienced – or anticipate experiencing.
- You will receive a link to the book “Everyone Can Win- Responding to Conflict Constructively” by Helena Cornelius and Shoshana Faire and other support materials
- Individual coaching is also available
- Special Launch price: $250
- Concession / Student: $150
As part of our mission to inspire and equip people to build trust across the world's divides we can offer a limited number of subsidized places on this course. Please let us know if you would like to apply for one of these places via email.
Shoshana Faire is passionate about peace and what it takes to create peace. She began her journey on this path as one of the Co-founders of the Conflict Resolution Network, which was established in Australia in 1986 to develop and spread skills for handling conflict. She is co-author of the best-selling book Everyone Can Win – Resolving Conflict Constructively, published in six languages. Shoshana has delivered over 1,250 workshops in corporate, government and community contexts on a range of skills that contribute to better relationships, teams and meetings. She is a guest lecturer at the University of Sydney’s Department of Peace and Conflict Studies, where she runs workshops on practical skills for conflict conversations and collaborative approaches to advocacy. Shoshana has been actively involved in Initiatives of Change (IofC) since 2010 and is currently an International Coordinator for Creators of Peace. She develops and mentors women internationally in becoming peace creators and Creators of Peace Circle facilitators.
Mike Lowe has over 25 years of international experience with IofC leading transformational workshops in the areas of trustbuilding and reconciliation. He has worked with politicians and young leaders in Eastern Europe after the fall of communism, and has worked on programmes of reconciliation with police and former militia leaders in the Solomon Islands.
His particular gift is in creating safe spaces in which transformation can occur, and he has a particular interest in earth-based spirituality, indigenous wisdom, process-oriented psychology, trauma healing, men's work and supporting the rise of healthy and authentic Masculine and Feminine energies as we transition from patriarchal and colonial ways of being. He co-facilitates healing workshops Innate Wisdom Connection and blogs at www.mikelowe.com.au