This Creators of Peace Circle in Wellington, South Australia, is for women to explore together their own ability to create and generate peace in their homes and in the wider community. The Peace Circle takes place Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, and is hosted by Judy Schroeder at her property in Wellington, South Australia.
Participants will explore these topics and take part in small group conversations.
- What is peace, anyway?
- What destroys and builds peace?
- Listening to others as a peacebuilding tool
- Inner listening—what and how?
- Qualities of a peace creator
- Inner peace and how to find it
- The power of apology and forgiveness
- Peace creation in practice
- Advocating for a new story of our shared humanity
- 7.30pm-9.30pm on Friday 18 June
- 9.30am–5.30pm Saturday 19 June
- 9.30am-4pm on Sunday 20 June
Hosting arrangements: Judy will have vegetarian soup ready from 5.30 pm Friday night and participants are welcomed any time from 5 pm onwards. There is on-site accommodation (please bring your own bed linen) and there are also cabins at the nearby hotel and caravan park. Those who live closest (Murray Bridge, Meningie) may prefer to return home for the nights.
If you take part, participation is required for the full three days, with plenty of time for rest and reflection. For meals, please bring a dish to share and we will have the adventure of unexpected provision for our meals! If you are on a special diet, please let us know.
Costs: The Peace Circle is offered free of charge, and we invite participants to donate at the end on a pay-it-forward basis, that is to give what you feel towards others having the experience. If you stay on site, we ask for a donation of $25 per night for bed and breakfast to cover our host’s running costs.
Register: Contact the organisers directly for more details on the venue and registration.
- Jean Brown on 0414 883 172
- Helen Mills on 0499 194 724
- Judy Schroeder on 0407557418